Saturday 8 December 2018

Early December, second visit

Glorious sunshine and warm winds - a good day to go to the allotment! I brought Effie - she loves having a nose into everything up there while I'm working, and getting herself under my feet!

I pulled up more carpet, and had to split the really large pieces or they're too heavy for me to move off the plot. I need to remember to bring a Stanley knife next time I go up there.

I found loads of weed roots covering the surface underneath the carpet that I pulled off - so many in fact that the massive water butt is half full! I intend to pour water in that water butt and drown the beggars, and use the water as a feed next year.

I managed to pull up all the carpet all the way down to the next tree. I cleared the weed roots, laid out the two unidentified bushes along the fence to replant them, and moved in the rescued rhubarb into their final locations too.



Good progress I'd say! Then it started drizzling a little, and I didn't mind... but the skies went dark and then it was heaving down! We tried waiting it out in the shed, but it was pretty relentless.



Effie was not impressed with the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment